9E Factors in the New Age organizations for Management Evaluation;
2). ECOLOGIC / ENVIRONMENTALIST
5). ELECTRONIC (E-BUSINESS)
Management scientist Dr. ALİ. B. KUTVAN developed a new paradigm for the evaluation of organizations through a managerial perspective.
This managerial evaluation that is a manifesto for 21st century’s organizational sustainability has 9E components as below;
1. ETHICS: Regarding to their relationships with the stakeholders, every organization should work in accordance with the code of ethics, and with this goal in my mind every organization should be developed as an ethical organization. (Working in accordance with the United Nations’ Global Compact agency of International Labour Organization’s code of business ethics)
2. ECOLOGIC / ENVIRONMENTALIST: The production of eco-friendly products that keeps both environmental and human safety in mind. (Working in accordance with ISO 14001 Environmental Management System)
3. ERGONOMIC: Providing employees with a safe, healthy, and comfortable work environment that enables them to work effectively. (Working in accordance with ILO’s occupational safety and health standards)
4. ELASTIC: The behavioral and the structural characteristics of the organization should be developed as flexible and innovative so that the organization acts in accordance with the changing conditions both within the organization and outside of the organization. The organization should be developing primarily, cooperative strategies.
5. ELECTRONIC: Organizations should be using integrated information technology. Information technology of the organizations should be developed for serving good governance. Through the information technology, all of the organizational processes that do not add value to the organization should be abolished. Also the information technology of the organization should enable the elimination of the paperwork.
6. EFFECTIVE: The effectiveness of the usage of the inputs. (All organizational inputs should be used in accordance with standards.) The efficiency of the outputs. (Production that is compatible with the planned and the budgeted quantities and qualities)
7. EFFICIENT: Waste prevention. (The prevention of all kinds of waste of the resources.) An organization that is beneficial both to itself and to the society. The production cost should be bigger than %1. The organization should be adding economic and social value to all of the social shareholders economically and socially.
8. EXPRESS: The prevention of the corporate inertia. All of the functions of the organizations should be fast enough for the demands of the social shareholders. The organizations should find solutions and make decisions quickly in order to prevent wasting the shareholders’ time.
9. EQUILIBRIUM: Transition from an isolated organizational structure to a non-isolated organizational structure that is cooperative with its environment. Primary concern should be the development of cooperative strategies instead. (Good Governance)
(An organization that is in continuous search of balance with its environment)
Note: All of the organizations should be evaluated not only according to their financial statements but also according to their social impact statements.